Everyone loves a spa-day. However, spas can be expensive, and often you need to book a month in advance. It doesn’t really allow a quick opportunity for relaxation after a long week at work. That’s why it might be time to upgrade your current bathroom to a relaxation station, featuring some of the same qualities of your favorite spa retreat. Whether its a change of color or a different style to your current bathroom. New England Kitchen & Bath can help bring your room together into the spa retreat you’ve always wanted, without ever having to leave your home! Here’s what we suggest for your spa-room:
- Using Calming ColorsPaint the bathroom a softer color like a soft grey, a soft pink, beige, etc. to give the room a peaceful vibe.
- Clean UpA clean, organized bathroom can really liven the mood. Make sure everything has a place and is put away. This doesn’t necessarily mean a deep clean but keeping the area neat will add to your inner peace.
Bonus: Get small storage containers such as mason jars, woven baskets, tiered trays to hold extra towels, bath salts, bath bombs, and much more. It will look aesthetically pleasing and be easy access for off of your supplies.
- Add Some GreensIt’s no secret that plants give off oxygen. Adding plants to your bathroom will help clear the air, and provide a more relaxing atmosphere for you to enjoy a soak in the tub. Plus, plants like bamboo have a serene look to them. Make sure you choose plants that can handle high humidity don’t need a lot of sunlight.
- Keep It SoftThere’s nothing better than wrapping up in a soft plush towel after a relaxing bath. After you’ve dried off you can slip into a fluffy robe and slippers to continue on with your self-spa treatment.
- Massaging Shower HeadMaybe taking a bath isn’t your thing, or you want to follow your bath with a shower to remove any excess residue from your bath bomb or soak. Don’t stick with the basic showerhead. Upgrade to one that has multiple massage settings. This is a great way to ease tense shoulders, neck muscles, or back muscles.
- Add Some ScentsScents play a strong role in emotions. Get a few candles to burn, some essential oils to add to the water, lotions, or soaps that have a calming smell for you. Some scents that are known for relaxing are mint, jasmine, vanilla, and lavender. It’s more personal taste, though. If lavender is too strong then go with something else. A bad scent will throw off your relaxation.